Derrick Darby is a dynamic and passionate speaker as well as an accomplished scholar with a distinctive and timely message. He has joined two seemingly opposed things—hip hop and philosophy—to highlight a more diverse way to pursue student intellectual empowerment using revered philosophical tools. His calling card is to harness the tremendous power of hip hop’s fifth element (knowledge) to empower his audiences to think critically and deeply about our world, the problems we face, and about ways in which we can work together to create a better world.
• Hip Hop and Philosophy
• Bridging the Gap between the Civil Rights and Hip Hop Generations
• Harnessing the Fifth Element of Hip Hop
• Human Rights and Social Justice
• Education, Race and Inequality
• Martin Luther King, Jr.: The Socratic Thinker